> By public transport
Train from Paris-Austerlitz: either to Orléans-les Aubrais or to Orléans-Centre.
• Then by tram* (line A, towards “Hôpital de la Source”) to the “Chèques Postaux” tram stop. Continue on foot (15 minutes), via avenue Denis-Diderot and avenue de la Recherche scientifique; alternatively take bus n° 7 (towards “petite Mérie”), or bus n° 46 (towards “La Saussaye”) to the “Paul Langevin” bus stop just opposite the BRGM. The journey from the train station will take 50 minutes to 1 hour.
• Alternatively: take the train from Orléans-Centre train station to Saint-Cyren-Val, then bus n° 46 (towards “Chèques postaux”) to the “Paul Langevin” bus stop.
• You can also take bus n° 7 (towards “petite Mérie”), from Orléans-les Aubrais or Orléans-Centre (station) “quai M” to the “Montesquieu” bus stop. Then walk to BRGM main entrance (5min);
> By car
• From Paris or Tours, take the A10 motorway towards Orléans, then the A71 towards Clermont-Ferrand as far as turnoff n° 2 for Orléans-la Source / Olivet. After the toll booth, continue straight ahead for 3 km on the D2271 towards Orléans-la Source. At the turn-off, go right towards La Ferté-Saint-Aubin and follow the D2020 for 3.5 km up to the Novotel roundabout. Take the small road at exit 4 into Orléans. At the next roundabout you reach, turn right onto Avenue de Concyr. Drive past EHPAD La Source and continue straight on. At the 2nd roundabout, take the 2nd exit towards Parc Floral. At the 3rd roundabout, take the 2nd exit (straight ahead): the BRGM entrance is immediately on your right. Park in the Visitors Car Park and go to Reception (Accueil) for your entrance pass.
• From Orléans-Centre, take the D2020 towards Vierzon. Cross the Maréchal-Joffre Bridge and continue for 4 km. This will take you past a shopping centre and the Zenith concert hall, then across the River Loiret. Continue for another 6 km up to the Novotel roundabout, then follow the directions given above.